Bright eyed, and bushy tailed. You are signing on to twitter for the first time with the company handle and getting ready to tweet your little heart out. Or maybe there is no presence and you were brought in to be able to build this from the ground up. The company puts all of the trust in you to help them be online and social. You are thrown into the fire of finding a way to have meaningful conversations and relationships with your members while proving your value and the return on investment of your salary. Ah, the beginning of a career as a Community Manager.
This week we have some of the nominees for this years #CMAD’s “The Force is Strong with This One” award. Join us on the #CMGRHangout panel Friday, February 27th at 2pm EST to talk with the newest and the brightest CMGR’s.
Jonathan Brewer, Dom Garrett and Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the Hangout with Drew Reynolds and Crystal Bruce as panelists. Carrie Keenan and Sarah Nagel will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Community Manager for Target Analytics at Blackbaud
Crystal spent more than a decade in television news primarily as a show Producer. She produced television news shows in Charleston, Las Vegas, and Savannah. From her time in broadcast, Crystal recognizes the importance of social media and establishing an online presence. Her goal as Community Manager is to create a fun, informational environment for everything Target Analytics. It’s not just a forum, it’s not a just a place to get answers – it’s a conversation.
Drew is the Community Manager at Lynxsy (Techstars ’14) by day and work to bring NYC tech together by night. An Organizer for Startup Weekend, an Executive Board member of Tech@NYU, and a Co-Founder of TechBrunch. Won Best New Community Manager of 2015 CMAD award. Non-work fact: Sadly, a lifelong New York Jets fan.
- How long have you been working in Community Management
- What was the job that you had before?
- What was the biggest challenge of the beginning of this career?
- Where have you gone for guidance?
- What is the biggest victory you have had in the past year?
- What would you tell someone who is starting tomorrow?
- What is the biggest lesson you have learned in the past year?
- Funniest community moment you had had so far?
RSVP & WATCH THE HANGOUT
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Diplomatic Community Management and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using#CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.