We’re baaaack! You missed us, right? We missed you! We’re kicking off 2016 by setting the stage and taking a look at potential scope of the Community Manager role. How do you define scope for a community role? How do you know when to stay within scope and when to push beyond? How do you advocate for yourself during scope creep?
Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, January 8th at 2pm EST/11am PST to discuss how to define a scope for a community role and how to work within it or grow beyond.
Emma Cunningham, Dom Garrett and Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the hangout with Jennifer Sable Lopez and Margot Mazur as panelists. and Carrie Keenan will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Jennifer Sable Lopez
Director of Community at Moz
Jennifer Sable Lopez is the Director of Community at Moz, an SEO software company with a vibrant community of over 600,000 online marketers. She is a renowned Community and Social Media Strategist who started her marketing career as a technical SEO. Jen’s passionate about the combination of search and community and is a frequent speaker at digital marketing conferences such as New Media Expo, Seattle Interactive, MozCon, SearchLove, Search Marketing Expo, and recently was rated top speaker at the Community SPRINT Conference.
Community Manager at Wistia
Margot is the Community Manager for Wistia, helping video producers & marketers gain the knowledge they need to reach their video goals. Margot specializes in building communities with long term relationships, creating environments of trust and learning.
- Who defines scope for a community role: the employer, employee or industry? Why?
- Where do you start when defining the scope for a community role?
- What are common elements in community roles?
- What should you look for when looking at a community job listing?
- What warning signs should you watch for in a community role?
- How do you advocate for yourself when you’re asked to work beyond your role?
- How do you advocate for yourself when you want to grow beyond your role?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Scoping a Community Manager Role and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout is back October 6th – retro style. - September 22, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Storify) - April 7, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Preview) - March 20, 2017