When you start your job as a community manager, you are the new community manager, whether or not this is your first community manager job or you come in with plenty of experience. On today’s community manager hangout, we’ll be discussing what it’s like to be the new community manager. You can watch and join in our Google+ Hangout or follow and join the conversation on Twitter using #cmgrhangout
Questions for “Being the New Community Manager” Hangout:
1. Internally does your company have a clear message about what your brand is?
2. How do you encourage/allow new employees to participate in company culture?
3. Is your brand agile enough to incorporate people into Company culture so their is no friction between new & existing employees?
4. Does being the “new” community manager make it easier if you’ve have experience as a community manager?
5. How do you introduce yourself to the external community?
6. Is it easier to be accepted by fellow employees or external community?
7. Open discussion
My Community Manager has been hosting the Community Manager Hangout on Google+ since January 24, 2012. We’ve never been afraid to push the envelope and try new things. We did it with the Community Manager UNconfernce, we did it with embracing all types of community managers, and we do it every Friday by combining a Google Hangout with a Twitter Chat!
Community Manager Hangout on Friday will field questions and foster a conversation on Twitter while our panel of community managers on Google+ will answer and respond. It’s our core mission to include as many people as we can while being a resource for community managers, those wanting to become community managers and companies needing community managers.
How does it work? Tim McDonald, founder of My Community Manager, will moderate the panel of community managers on the Google+ Hangout and Brandie McCallum will host the Twitter chat using the hashtag #cmgrhangout. If you have a question, you can post it on Twitter starting 30 minutes before the hangout begins at 2pm EDT on Friday and continue the conversation until it ends at 3pm EDT.
This week, we are looking for community managers or those looking to become community managers. Leave us a comment below or find us on G+ and tell us. We’ll invite you on air for the hangout. You must have a Google+ account and be able to use a webcam.
Interested in being part of the hangout?
Join us on G+, Watch right here (starting at 2pm ET) or follow #cmgrhangout on Twitter.