Communities are formed by relationships and relationships are built with trust, so it’s safe to say that trust is essential to building a strong community. Focused on this belief, Crystal Coleman recently wrote a great piece for CMX titled How to Scale Trust and Relationships, If you haven’t read it yet, please do. (If you have read it, go read it again. That’s how great it is.) Coleman claims that because the key ingredient for relationships is trust, we can scale authentic community relationships by focusing on how to systematically build trust. Lets discuss!
Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, September 25th at 2pm EDT/11am PDT to talk building and scaling trust in communities.
Jonathan Brewer, Dom Garrett and Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the hangout with Crystal Coleman, Blake Croft and Jessica Malnik as panelists. Carrie Keenan and Christin Kardos will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Independent Community Professional
Crystal has nine years of experience in community and social in SaaS, small business services, non-profit, academic, and entertainment fields. Past experience includes community and social management for Townsquared, Ning, Wetpaint, The Hippodrome Theatre, Gainesville Community Playhouse, and others.
Entrepreneur at BlakeCroft.com
Blake is an entrepreneur based out of Tennessee who lives by what he calls the #CareBeforeShare philosophy. He believes service is the best way to go in business rather than just blasting out salesy pitches. He makes it his goal to help others launch their business on social media through AWESOME and STRATEGIC coaching.
Community Manager at DynamiteCircle.com
Jessica Malnik is a community manager, content strategist and writer. By day, she is the community manager over at the DynamiteCircle.com (a.k.a The DC). By night, she can be found writing on her blog. Her work has been featured in a variety of online publications, including The Next Web, Buffer, Convince and Convert, PR Daily, Spin Sucks, SocialFresh, CMX and Feverbee.
- What does trust look like in community building?
- How can we communicate trust in conversations?
- What actions can we take to promote trust?
- How can we build an environment that encourages collaboration and mutual trust?
- How can we rebuild trust when it is broken?
- How does trust help you scale?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Building & Scaling Trust and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout presents: Building and Managing Communities on Slack (Preview) - February 20, 2017
- Forums are dead, long live forums. - February 15, 2017
- Top 10 #CMGRHangout Episodes in 2016 - January 31, 2017