We usually wait a few more weeks for this panel, but our December hangouts will be a bit short with Christmas and New Years both falling on Fridays this year. So you may be in the office, but grab some hot chocolate, pull up a seat and take a break from the holiday craze (because really, it’s already here) to hang out with us this week on Friday, December 4th to reflect on our roles in 2015 and look forward to what 2016 has in store!
Need a little something to tide you over? Find out what 18 top community management thought leaders think will be the greatest changes or challenges for 2016!
Jonathan Brewer, Dom Garrett and Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the Hangout with Crystal Bruce, Margot Mazur, Rachel Miller and Adrian Speyer as panelists. and Carrie Keenan will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Community Manager for Target Analytics at Blackbaud
Crystal spent more than a decade in television news primarily as a show Producer. She produced television news shows in Charleston, Las Vegas, and Savannah. From her time in broadcast, she recognizes the importance of social media and establishing an online presence. Crystal’s goal is to create a fun, informational environment for everything Target Analytics. In her spare time, she loves biking, photography and adventuring. She’s also a bit of a Star Wars fan girl and anything having to do with pirates.
Community Manager at Wistia
Margot is the Community Manager for Wistia, helping video producers & marketers gain the knowledge they need to reach their video goals. Margot specializes in building communities with long term relationships, creating environments of trust and learning.
Rachel Miller organizes the universe and makes things pretty. As a social strategist for PureMatter she helps companies identify and engage key community members and influencers to craft and amplify brand stories. Rachel also co-hosts Social Business Hour (#SbizHour) every Monday at 1pm PT with Brian Fanzo.
Marketing Manager at Vanilla Forums
Adrian works at Vanilla Forums as a Marketing Manager. He blogs about community and community management topics and is also an experienced community manager and forum owner.
- What was your favorite Community Manager moment in 2015?
- What was your biggest Community Manager struggle in 2015?
- What was the craziest thing to happen in your community in 2015?
- What do you want to see happen in your community in 2016?
- How can you better empower your community in 2016?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Community Manager Reflections and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, click to join the hangout when we post the link here or when you see the notification. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.) Do NOT click the link to join the hangout if you are just here to watch.
- Chat: You can watch here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout presents: Building and Managing Communities on Slack (Preview) - February 20, 2017
- Forums are dead, long live forums. - February 15, 2017
- Top 10 #CMGRHangout Episodes in 2016 - January 31, 2017