Batman is a Community Manager. Agree or disagree? Here’s why Patrick Hellen, who suggested this week’s topic, says he is:
- He has a Bat-Family that he relies on for help, just like we do with other stakeholders.
- He has a large community that he is responsible for stopping trolls and jokers to protect.
- He, like us, is trained in several forms of bad-ass martial arts.
So with Batman relying on Robin to keep him sane, technology keeping Iron Man alive, The Hulk being an example of even the angriest member calming down eventually and even Superman not being able to solve everyone’s problems … it seems there is quite a bit we can learn from superheroes. Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, April 8th at 2pm ET/11am PT to have some fun looking comparing your favorite superheroes to your community role!
Jonathan Brewer, Patrick Hellen and Christin Kardos will be hosting the hangout with Jenn Chen, Paula Rosenberg and Adrian Speyer on panel. and Carrie Keenan will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Community Manager at Lithium Technologies
Jenn is the community manager at Lithium Technologies, where she gets to connect and work with community managers every day. She loves food and caffeine, as established in past CMGRHangouts. In her spare time, she enjoys eating, baking, reading and cheering on the Golden State Warriors.
Community Manager at VHX
Paula is a former student counselor turned Community Manager. She’s currently VHX’s first Community Manager. She’s had previous gigs at Quirky, Pogo Events, The New School, and Grand Valley State University. Outside of giving her community some TLC, Paula is a freelance writer. You can read her musings atModspinster. She lives in NYC with her pet rabbit, Milo.
Marketing Manager at Vanilla Forums
Adrian works at Vanilla Forums as a Marketing Manager. He blogs about community and community management topics and is also an experienced community manager and forum owner.
- What can community managers learn from Batman?
- What can community managers learn from Superman?
- What can community managers learn from Black Widow?
- What can community managers learn from Captain America?
- What can community managers learn from The Hulk?
- What can community managers learn from Wonder Woman?
- What can community managers learn from Iron Man?
- What can community managers learn from Thor?
- Who is your favorite super hero? What can community managers learn from them?
RSVP & WATCH THE HANGOUT
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: What Community Managers Can Learn from Superheroes and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout presents: Building and Managing Communities on Slack (Preview) - February 20, 2017
- Forums are dead, long live forums. - February 15, 2017
- Top 10 #CMGRHangout Episodes in 2016 - January 31, 2017