You’ve been working hard on your community and you likely have a really cool project that you’re proud of and what to show off. Well thanks to Crystal Bruce, now’s your chance! What was your objective? What were some challenges along the way? How did you introduce the project to your community? What are you most proud of?
Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, September 2nd at 2pm ET/11am PT to share a community project you’ve been working on, learn from others or share someone else’s community initiative that you admire.
(If nothing else, you can be amused at our first adventure into YouTube Live.)
Jonathan Brewer (you read that right, he’s back!) and Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the hangout with Crystal Bruce, Jenn Chen and Julie Hamel on panel. (And you? Just let us know you’d like to be on air!) Christin Kardos and Carrie Keenan will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Community Manager at Blackbaud
Crystal spent more than a decade in television news primarily as a show Producer. She produced television news shows in Charleston, Las Vegas, and Savannah. From her time in broadcast, she recognizes the importance of social media and establishing an online presence. Crystal’s goal is to create a fun, informational environment for everything Target Analytics. In her spare time, she loves biking, photography and adventuring. She’s also a bit of a Star Wars fan girl and anything having to do with pirates.
Connect with Crystal on Twitter at @CMGRCrystal.
Community Manager at Lithium Technologies
Jenn is the community manager at Lithium Technologies, where she gets to connect and work with community managers every day. She loves food and caffeine, as established in past CMGRHangouts. In her spare time, she enjoys eating, baking, reading and cheering on the Golden State Warriors.
Connect with Jenn on Twitter at @jenntothechen.
Sr. Manager, Community & Social at Alteryx
Julie is responsible for managing strategic, tactical and technical operations of the Alteryx Community and its social channels. She’s a passionate community pro with nearly 10 years of experience who loves connecting people, innovation & analytics. Also a proud mom, gamer, lover of design, yoga, late nights & rock’n’roll.
Connect with Julie on Twitter at @juliehamel.
Community Manager at Blackbaud
Holly is a Blackbaud Community manager with ten years of experience in public relations and community strategy. Her goal is to evolve and manage an online space where Blackbaud customers and friends can learn, connect, and engage. She is an avid urbanite and glitter aficionado and in her free time, you’ll find Holly exploring her new Charleston home with her mohawked cocker spaniel, Humphrey.
Connect with Holly on Twitter at @hollyeherbert.
- What’s a community project you’ve been working on?
- What was the reason for creating the project?
- What was your biggest challenge along the way?
- What are you most proud of?
- How did you measure success?
- How did you introduce the project to your community?
- What else should we know about your project?
- What tips do you have for someone launching a similar project?
RSVP & WATCH THE HANGOUT
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Community Show & Tell and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the panel. Just stay on the YouTube Live page and you’ll see the video. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EDT to ask questions, we’ll be busy setting up and might miss them!
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout is back October 6th – retro style. - September 22, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Storify) - April 7, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Preview) - March 20, 2017