The months following CMAD are perhaps my favorite months to plan #CMGRHangout episodes as we inevitably have a lot list of submitted topics that we weren’t able to cover during the 24 hour live stream. This week’s topic, Creating Intentionality in Communities, was suggested by Melissa Hill, Community Architect at The Theme Foundry, based on her experience living in an offline community and how she’s been able to apply the concepts of rallying around goals and action steps to her online communities.
Want to learn more about creating intentionality in your community or have some thoughts to share from your own experience? Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, February 12th at 2pm EST/11am PST.
Enterprise Community Manager at Carbon Black
Helen Chen is the Enterprise Community Manager at Carbon Black. She has managed external developer communities for companies such as Sun Microsystems, Sybase and Mathworks.. She has also worked in the areas of social media, training, support, and technical writing.
Connect with Helen on Twitter at @hhchen.
David “Historian” DeWald
Community Manager at Carbon Black
David has over 15 years of experience with working with web based communities starting with early fan sites to large multi-community web sites, he brings his unique knowledge of social interactions to everything he does.
Community Architect at The Theme Foundry
Melissa is Community Architect at The Theme Foundry, where she oversees customer happiness, engagement and success. She lives in upstate New York and keeps busy gardening, making art, music, and chasing her kids around. Sometimes, she updates her blog.
- What does creating intentionality in communities mean to you?
- What are some benefits of creating intentionality in communities?
- How can you involve your community in your goals?
- Are some goal decisions best left to the organization? Why or why not?
- What can you do to get buy in and rally your community around your goals?
- How do you keep your community on course towards the goal?
- How do you celebrate your wins along the way?
- What other tips do you have to create intentionality in communities?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Creating Intentionality in Communities and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout is back October 6th – retro style. - September 22, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Storify) - April 7, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Preview) - March 20, 2017