We’ve talked about the harmony of social media and community platforms as well as how to choose a community platform, but we’ve never really zoomed in on how to engage community on a platform. Many of us work on community platforms and have our own tips and tricks as to how to engage community there. How do you get started setting up gamification elements? How do you plan events on a platform? How do you setup your platform to make sure you’re listening to members and encouraging them to share feedback?
Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, July 3rd at 2pm EDT/11am PDT to discuss how to engage your community!
Jonathan Brewer, Dom Garrett and Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the hangout with Katie Bapple, Margot Mazur and Aurelien Poma as panelists. We will also be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Senior Manager, Online Community Services at Socious
Katie is the Senior Manager of Online Community Services at Socious, where she helps companies, associations and nonprofits learn how to launch and build successful online communities. Previously, Katie managed the online communities at Toolbox.com, comprised of more than 2.4 million members. She believes in the power of data and dark chocolate.
Community Manager at Codecademy
Margot is the Community Manager for Codecademy, an online platform that teaches learners to code, helping them get the skills they need to find jobs. Margot specializes in building peer to peer communities around products. She hosts NYC’s Community Manager Breakfast—a monthly meetup for local CMGR specialists to learn from one another and grow in their career.
Head of Platform Architecture & Design at Standing on Giants
Aurelien is working at Standing on Giants as Head of Platform Architecture & Design. With 13 years of experience in Community Management he has used many different platforms. Aurelien’s job is to build one that really takes in consideration the needs of executives, users and most importantly Community Managers.
- Which community platform do you use?
- How do you get started setting up gamification elements on your platform?
- How do you plan events on your platform?
- How do you setup your platform to make sure you’re listening to members?
- How do you encourage members to share feedback on your platform?
- What other tips do you have for engaging community on a platform?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Engaging Community on a Platform and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout is back October 6th – retro style. - September 22, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Storify) - April 7, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Preview) - March 20, 2017