In case you don’t know, Enterprise Social Networks (ESN) are a company’s use of social media in building communities for employees to work better, stay connected and engaged. Chris Catania contacted us as he learned quite a bit with the Walgreens employee communities and were able to really moved things forward within the organization in 2015. Want to learn more about what it’s like to build an internal community? Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, February 26th at 2pm EST/11am PST.
Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the hangout with Chris Catania, Anirban Dutta, Lonya D. French, Jennifer Honig and Brenda Rick Smith on panel. Carrie Keenan will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Manager, Community and Collaboration Strategy at Walgreens
Chris oversees the enterprise community management, content and collaboration strategy at Walgreens, helping employees work better and stay connected at Walgreens. He also runs Live Fix Media, an experiment exploring the intersection of life, live music and the business of online communities.
Community Manager at Optymyze
Anirban loves Customer Service and Digital transformation. As a Community Manager, he helps to foster a culture of ‘Customer first’ by designing programs around the most important entity ‘a Customer’s experience of the brand’.
Lonya D. French
Digital Internal Communications Manager at The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
Loni is the community manager of the Guardian Life internal social network of over 6,000 members. In this role, she drives employee and leadership adoption, education, and is responsible for the overall management and success of the network. Loni also enables the distribution of enterprise messages through the company intranet. With 10 years of intranet experience and multiple Yammer certifications; Loni has positioned herself as a professional in channel management and enterprise social networks. She was recently named a 2016 Microsoft Most Valued Professional (MVP) in the Office Servers and Services category for her work and advocacy of Yammer.
Founder at Techstra Solutions
Jennifer Honig is founder of Techstra Solutions, a consultancy focused on helping companies realize the business value of community.
Brenda Rick Smith
Community Manager at Humana
Brenda Rick Smith joined Humana in March of 2015 as the community manager for Buzz, a thriving enterprise social network with around 45K members.
- What is the current state of ESN community management? Where is it heading and how is it evolving?
- What are the biggest wins and opportunities within the firewall?
- How is ESN community management changing the way we work?
- How are ESNs impacting the customer experience and/or integrating with external communities?
- How is the role of ESN community managers evolving? What’s the career path look like?
- How are ESN teams developing?
- What’s your biggest tip for someone building community on an ESN?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Enterprise Social Networks and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout presents: Building and Managing Communities on Slack (Preview) - February 20, 2017
- Forums are dead, long live forums. - February 15, 2017
- Top 10 #CMGRHangout Episodes in 2016 - January 31, 2017