While we often debate whether or not social media is actually a community platform, what we rarely bring up is how the two can work in tandem. This past summer we discussed community platforms with a pretty fantastic panel. While discussing potential questions on how to choose a community platform, Jordan Reeves came up with some fantastic thoughts on how social media and community platforms can actually create a symbiotic relationship.
If you’re only using one or the other, or have thoughts to contribute, join us on this week’s #CMGRHangout panel Friday, October 3rd at 2pm EST to discuss how to create a harmony with social media and community platforms.
Sherrie Rohde and Dom Garrett will be hosting the Hangout with Brian Fanzo, Lorrie Guerrieri, David Hurley, Maggie Malek, Erica McGillivray, Rosemary O’Neill, Dennis Shiao and Adrian Speyer as panelists. Carrie Keenan will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Social Technology Evangelist
Technology Evangelist focused on turning digital signals into Social Intelligence. 8 years of experience as a power user of social business and social media tools. 2 years ago Brian moved from power user to advisor for enterprise size companies integrating software solutions. User on multiple social networks & a big twitter chat fan! Proud Dad of 3 girls.
Community Manager, Movy
Lorrie is the Community Manager. She builds relationships and enhances brand recognition with consumers, industry experts and media professionals.
Co-Founder at Webspark
David Hurley is an open source advocate and travels most weeks of the year to speak around the world on topics of tech, PHP and open source software. He is the community manager for Joomla – the second largest content management system in the world. He is also a member of the Production Leadership Team and the framework maintainers. David writes obsessively at dbhurley.com and is an active partner in several businesses.
Director, Digital Public Relations at MMI Agency
Maggie works to lead brands in creating integrated marketing, digital and public relations campaigns. She partners with media relations professionals and oversees accounts in various fields including retail, real estate, fashion, energy and sports. Maggie is a frequent public speaker at social media and public relations conferences, and she led the Microsoft “Hands on Social Media” workshops in Houston.
Senior Community Manager at Moz
Erica McGillivray is a die-hard geek who spends a ridiculous amount of time being nerdy, both professionally and personally. At Moz, she’s the social community manager and wrangles a community of over 400,000 members, co-runs the annual MozCon, and works on whatever else is thrown her way. She’s also a founder of GeekGirlCon, a nonprofit run by volunteers that celebrates and supports geeky women with events and conventions. In her spare time, Erica’s a published author and has an comic book collection that’s an earthquake hazard.
President of Social Strata
Rosemary O’Neill is Pres. of Social Strata, makers of the Hoop.la online community platform. For 15 years, she has helped customers like Long John Silvers and Rodale grow thriving communities. She has appeared on Fox & Friends and NPR as an HR rebel. She blogs at http://rhogroupee.com.
Director, Product Marketing at DNN Corporation
Dennis is Director of Product Marketing at DNN (@DNNCorp), where he’s focused on product and content marketing. Dennis is a contributing author to the book “42 Rules of Product Marketing” and is a frequent contributor to the DNN blog.
Marketing Manager at Vanilla Forums
Adrian works at Vanilla Forums as a Marketing Manager. He blogs about community and community management topics and is also an experienced community manager and forum owner.
- Should a community have a separate community platform or just social media channels?
- How does social media help a community platform grow?
- How does the community platform help social media with deeper engagement?
- What are some ways you can integrate social media into your community platform?
- How else can social media and community platforms work in tandem?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: The Harmony of Social Media & Community Platforms and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, click to join the hangout when we post the link here or when you see the notification. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.) Do NOT click the link to join the hangout if you are just here to watch.
- Chat: You can watch here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout presents: Building and Managing Communities on Slack (Preview) - February 20, 2017
- Forums are dead, long live forums. - February 15, 2017
- Top 10 #CMGRHangout Episodes in 2016 - January 31, 2017