We all work in community here, so let’s be honest—we all have haters. However, according to Jay Baer in his book Hug Your Haters, Haters are not your problem … ignoring them is. Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, May 13th at 2pm ET/11am PT to chat with Jay Baer about how to better understand, and hug, your haters.
Jonathan Brewer and Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the hangout with Jay Baer on panel and Berrak Sarikaya joining us on air. (If you’d like to join us on air as well, just let us know!) Christin Kardos and Carrie Keenan will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
President at Convince & Convert
Jay Baer is a hype-free digital marketing strategist, speaker and New York Times best-selling author. He founded Convince & Convert in 2008. This is the fifth marketing services firm he’s started or managed.
Jay has consulted with more than 700 companies on digital marketing since 1994 including Caterpillar, Nike, California Travel & Tourism Commission, Billabong and 30 of the Fortune 500. He was named one of America’s top social media consultants by Fast Company magazine and the Convince & Convert blog is ranked as the worlds #1 content marketing resource by the Content Marketing institute.
An active angel investor, he’s also involved in an advisory capacity with several social media and content marketing start-up companies.
At Convince & Convert, he oversees big picture ideas for corporate clients, helps agency customers understand and profit from social and digital services and spreads the gospel of social and content acceleration with dozens of speaking engagements annually. He also buys all the drinks.
Connect with Jay on Twitter at @jaybaer.
- Why should you embrace complaints?
- Is there more than one kind of hater? If so, what types are there?
- How can we understand who complains where and why?
- Is customer service a spectator sport? If so, explain why.
- What obstacles do we encounter when trying to provide great service?
- How do we respond differently based on hater types?
- What does the future of customer service look like?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Hug Your Haters and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EDT to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout presents: Building and Managing Communities on Slack (Preview) - February 20, 2017
- Forums are dead, long live forums. - February 15, 2017
- Top 10 #CMGRHangout Episodes in 2016 - January 31, 2017