Recently on #CMGRHangout, we discussed what to look for in a community role, but what happens once you start one? It’s been over a year since we talked Community 101, and while we covered some of this last spring when discussing transitioning into a new community role, we’ve had quite a few requests on the topic so we’re bringing it back with a bit of a twist.
Pending participation, the second half of this week’s #CMGRHangout will be open to anyone who attended CMX Summit West this week and wants to share what they learned. Let us know if that’s you!
Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, October 16th at 2pm EST/11am PST to talk about what it looks like to start your community career, get to know your community and where to grow from there.
Jonathan Brewer, Dom Garrett and Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the hangout with Crystal Coleman, Christie Fidura and Raj Nijjer. Christin Kardos and Carrie Keenan will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Independent Community Professional
Crystal has nine years of experience in community and social in SaaS, small business services, non-profit, academic, and entertainment fields. Past experience includes community and social management for Townsquared, Ning, Wetpaint, The Hippodrome Theatre, Gainesville Community Playhouse, and others.
Former Community Manager of the number 2 ranked B2B Online Customer Community out of the Top 106, Christie is an award-winning and internationally recognised Senior Community Manager. She builds, manages, nurtures, grows, engages, empowers and activates Communities to improve the customer/corporate relationship, delivering benefits to both sides. Christie is a natural communicator and enjoys using social media to connect.
- What should a first time community manager expect on their first day/weeks?
- What are the best practices on honing in on a community you don’t know much about?
- How can a role of community manager evolve over time?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Launching Your Community Career and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout is back October 6th – retro style. - September 22, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Storify) - April 7, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Preview) - March 20, 2017