Two weeks ago we celebrated Community Manager Appreciation Day in recognition of hard-working community managers and awareness for what exactly it is that we do. This week, we want to flip the tables and invite our community to be our valentine with special guest Patrick O’Keefe. Patrick has been a long-time friend of the My Community Manager team and we are always grateful to to him for the resources he brings to the table with ManagingCommunities.com and his books Managing Online Forums and Monetizing Online Forums. “Actions speak louder than words” is something we believe in, and, when it comes to loving your community, Patrick has done just that by running yearly award programs for his community, highlighting milestones and recognizing other members of his team. Do you love your community?
Come join us for #CMGRHangout on Friday, February 14th at 2pm EST! Jonathan Brewer and Sherrie Rohde will be hosting Patrick O’Keefe along with Sarah Hawk, Sue John, Tim McDonald, Abhishek Rai and David Williams. Carrie Keenan and Sarah Mordis will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
About Patrick O’Keefe
Patrick O’Keefe has been managing online communities since 2000 and moderating them for even longer. He is the author of Managing Online Forums, a practical guide to managing online communities, and Monetizing Online Forums, a blueprint for generating revenue in the right way. Patrick publishes a network of websites known collectively as the iFroggy Network, where he is responsible for the creation and cultivation of communities like KarateForums.com and PhotoshopForums.com. He writes about community management at ManagingCommunities.com.
- What do you really love about your community?
- How have you shown your community that you appreciate them?
- How have you helped your community to celebrate each other?
- How have you shown others in your community staff that you appreciate them?
- What is the most creative way you’ve seen love demonstrated in a community?
- If time and money were unlimited, what would you love to do for your community?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Loving Your Community and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, click to join the hangout when we post the link here or when you see the notification. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.) Do NOT click the link to join the hangout if you are just here to watch.
- Chat: You can watch here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions. If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam. Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout is back October 6th – retro style. - September 22, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Storify) - April 7, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Preview) - March 20, 2017