We’re back for #CMGRHangout this week! Hopefully you’ve been enjoying your summer like we are. In case you missed our news, we’ve switched to a summer format so are only hosting #CMGRHangout on the first Friday of each month.
Customer journey mapping is not uncommon when designing user experiences but, depending on skills and the size of your team, not always taken into consideration when designing a community. We all have goals for our community and mapping helps us to achieve these goals. I should throw out a disclaimer that if you don’t know the goal for your community, STOP RIGHT NOW to take some time with CMX’s SPACE Model and figure it out. Mapping is the least of your concerns if you don’t know where you’re trying to go. If you do know your goals, lets look how to plug in your destination, identify your community starting point and figure out how to identify the steps between the two.
Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, August 5th at 2pm ET/11am PT to look at how to map your community’s journey.
Developer Relations and Head of Community at DreamFactory Software
Alexandra has experience with online and offline communities. She has created Community and Social Media strategies from the ground up and has been a one person community team who wears tons of hats.
Technical Community Manager at Nintex
Frank likes pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain.. Wait, no. he’s a recovering broadcast journalist-turned-teacher-turned-full-time-at-home-dad and magazine publisher-turned community manager who daily feels like he has no clue how to do his job. But in his short CM tenure, he’s discovered he enjoys the role and wants to learn more all the time! Frank also loves long-distance running, cooking and learning about wine (which is to say, he drinks it a lot).
Community & Experience at Quilt
- What are the benefits of creating a customer journey map?
- Where do you start when creating a customer journey map?
- What research should you gather before beginning your map?
- How do you identify touch points and channels for each stage and goal?
- What roles do empathy maps and lenses play when mapping the journey?
- How do you identify a successful community journey map?
- What advice do you have for someone creating a community journey map for the first time?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Mapping Community Journeys and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EDT to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout presents: Building and Managing Communities on Slack (Preview) - February 20, 2017
- Forums are dead, long live forums. - February 15, 2017
- Top 10 #CMGRHangout Episodes in 2016 - January 31, 2017