I’ll be the first to admit that originally I only created a Snapchat account so that my friends would stop complaining that I didn’t have one. Recently I began using it actively as it was so integral for a few of my close friends. As with anything new, I went to Google to find accounts for those who the Internet claimed were “doing it right” or at the very least interesting. What I learned in following these total strangers the Internet seemed to love was that Snapchat can actually be a very useful tool for helping to build community. In addition to that, there are so many communities already in existence on Snapchat that are truly fun to join.
Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, December 11th at 2pm EST/11am PST to talk about how you can use Snapchat to help build community as well as where you can find Snapchat communities to join.
Founder and CEO of Delmondo
Nick Cicero is the Founder and CEO of Delmondo, a creator platform for brands to work with influencers and measure their Snapchat analytics. Their clients include Jolly Rancher, 20th Century Fox, Cinnabon, Priceline.com and more.
Snapchat Storyteller and Creator of The11thSecond.com
CyreneQ is the creator of The11thSecond.com. She also creates a full, interactive experience unique to Snapchat. Her audience is part of her story – they become celebrity interviewers, they become the stars, they become the story. From user-submitted questions for celebrity interviews, username adding parties, interactive games, drawing lessons, artist collaborations, and more.
- Why did you initially start using Snapchat?
- What types of snaps tend to get the most interactions from your followers?
- How do you incorporate your followers into your snaps?
- When did you realize Snapchat could be used to help connect others?
- How can you help your followers connect with each other?
- What’s your favorite Snapchat moment?
- Who are your top 3 favorite brands or people to follow on Snapchat?
- What other tips do you have for someone wanting to level up on Snapchat?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Snapchat Communities and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout is back October 6th – retro style. - September 22, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Storify) - April 7, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Preview) - March 20, 2017