How many times have we heard, or said, that as Community Managers we wear many hats? We all know the secret to balancing such a variety of activities and roles comes from our many hacks for productive task management. Or do we? How do you prioritize tasks related to important goals over those that are just part of the daily whirlwind? How do you delegate within a team and help them stay on track?
Whether you’re looking for new tips on task management or just want to share what works for you, be sure to join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel—Friday, April 18th at 2pm EST!
Jonathan Brewer and Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the Hangout with NoniShaney Cavaliere, Elysa Ellis, Brian Fanzo, Michael Jahn and Maya Paveza as panelists. Carrie Keenan and Kimbe MacMaster will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Active Community Engagement & Brand Endorsed Live Event Corespondent
Extreme fangirl of social media and online interaction methods. Customer Service whiz kid. Current Community Manager at SUNY Ulster and tourism community manager for historic landmarks. Nerd about the “customer experience” and also looking for ways to facilitate brand ambassadors. Noni’s other passions are mobile tech, gaming, her dog, blogging, and dancing to the beat of life.
Editor & Blogger at GenPink
Elysa is a Professional Geek Girl. Elysa is also a digital strategist and content marketer with a focus on food, retail, and non-profits. She is editor and chief bloggess for genpink.com and chief foodie for dallasfoodnerd.com. Elysa was also a long-time co-founding board member the Social Media Club of Dallas.
Technology Evangelist for a Software Defined Data Center Company
Technology Evangelist focused on turning digital signals into Social Intelligence. 8 years of experience as a power user of social business and social media tools. 2 years ago Brian moved from power user to advisor for enterprise size companies integrating software solutions. User on multiple social networks & a big twitter chat fan! Proud Dad of 3 girls.
Implementation and Support Specialist at Datatech Smartsoft, Inc
Michael is an API Implementation Evangelist, W2P champion, not ready for the North Shore surfer and “stump the chump” PDF application guy. He performs both Sales and Implementation of PressWise – a Cloudy, SAASy Print MIS system.
Director of Digital Identity, Outreach & Community at Follr.com
Maya Paveza is the Director of Outreach & Community at Follr.com. Follr Communities 1.0 is her life. Born at Stanford University, she is a true digital native. She’s online unless she is offline with her kids Thing1 & Thing2.
- How often do you manage tasks on mobile vs desktop?
- How do you tell yourself when something is due?
- How do you schedule appointments (meetings, conference calls, etc.)?
- How do you delegate task management within a team?
- How do you setup and manage milestones to help your team stay on deadline?
- How do you prioritize important goals over the daily whirlwind?
- How can team members access your to-dos if you are sick or on vacation?
- What are some of your other favorite tools and tips for task management?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Task Management and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, click to join the hangout when we post the link here or when you see the notification. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.) Do NOT click the link to join the hangout if you are just here to watch.
- Chat: You can watch here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout is back October 6th – retro style. - September 22, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Storify) - April 7, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Preview) - March 20, 2017