Each year, The Community Roundtable team compiles a survey called The State of Community Management to help us all move forward in our community career paths by tracking the performance of communities and community management across the eight competencies of the Community Maturity Model. This year’s survey is open until March 18th and you should definitely go take it right now, unless you’re reading this during #CMGRHangout, as the more who take the survey, the better it is for anyone who works in community.
On this week’s #CMGRHangout, Ted McEnroe, the Director of Research at The Community Roundtable, is joining us on air to discuss some of the issues from the survey that seem to always be top of mind. For example: engagement profiles, professional development, community team size, content and programs, and the demonstrated overarching need for strategy in addition to why this survey is so important and what’s new in the survey this year. Want to check out the results of last year’s survey while you wait? Here you go:
Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, February 19th at 2pm EST/11am PST to get a big picture into the community career path and find out what role this research plays to move us all forward. If this is an important topic for you, and you’d like to join us on air, please let us know as soon as possible.
Director of Research at The Community Roundtable
Ted McEnroe is the Director of Research and Training at the Community Roundtable, overseeing TheCR’s research efforts, including the State of Community Management and Community Careers and Compensation research, and managing TheCR Academy, their on-demand training portal. He joined TheCR full-time in 2014, after spending two decades in education, journalism, digital media and public relations. Prior to joining TheCR, Ted served three years as the Director of Public Relations at the Boston Foundation, the community foundation for Greater Boston, leading media relations and advising some of the hundreds of area community organizations the Foundation supported.
Connect with Ted on Twitter at @tmcenroe.
- Why is research like The State of Community Management survey important to move us forward as community professionals?
- Where did the idea forThe State of Community Management survey come from and how has it evolved?
- Which topics included in the survey resonate with you the most?
- In looking at strategy, what can we do to help our companies focus on investing in people in systems, not just platforms?
- In looking at operations, what are some of the key points we need to learn about successful advocacy programs?
- In looking at tactics, what quick wins can we look for to generate a lot of value and improve engagement?
- How have you seen this research implemented in an actionable manner?
- What’s new in The State of Community Management survey this year? Why?
- What other community research should community professionals get involved in?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: The State of Community Management and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout presents: Community Manager Reflections (Preview) - December 1, 2016
- #CMGRHangout presents: Employee Advocacy (Preview) - November 3, 2016
- #CMGRHangout presents: Brand Ambassador Programs (Preview) - October 6, 2016