It’s been a really long time since we’ve updated you here, and for that I’m sorry. You probably know our lives got a bit chaotic. Our careers have grown and it’s cramped our free time, in the best of ways. I’m so grateful to Brew, Christin and Carrie for sticking together with me through the past few months of transitioning from a weekly format to a monthly format. (If you’re passionate about this chat and are interested in helping out, please do let us know.)
We missed January completely, and have missed you even more, but we’re back this week! My community life has included quite a bit of travel in the last year, see lack of free time above, and I feel like I’ve learned quite a bit about simplifying travel to enjoy the trip, minimize the pain, and maximize the benefits. I’m pretty sure I’m not along here, and I want to hear from you! Join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout panel on Friday, February 3rd at 2pm ET/11am PT to talk about travel tips for community pros!
Sherrie Rohde will be hosting the hangout with Karim Benabdallah, NoniShaney Cavaliere, Corrie Davidson, Shannon Emery and Jessica Malnik on panel. Christin Kardos and Carrie Keenan will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Co-Founder at Social Media Club Tunisia
Digital Communications specialist involved in several activities related to Digital Marketing, entrepreneurship and youth empowerment for over a decade, BIL Collaborative 501c3 Advisor, Social Good Summit Tunisia/Foursquare Day/CMAD/Social Media Day organizer, Social Media evangelist and trainer and official ambassadors for Instagram and Foursquare in the country.
Connect with Karim on Twitter at @Karim2k.
Digital communications nerd, specializing in influencer outreach and facilitating passionate community growth for brands. Living “My So-Called Conference Life” as I travel from conference to conference learning and doing in-person influencer outreach for brands.
Connect with NoniShaney on Twitter at @GoGoogleMe.
Community Lead at Google
Corrie is a Community Lead at Google engaging people around Google Maps through the Local Guides program. She is originally from DC, formerly in San Francisco, and now in New York.
Connect with Corrie on Twitter at @CorrieDavidson.
Community Manager at Blackbaud, Inc.
Shannon Emery is a Community Manager with Blackbaud, a non-profit software company. Each day she strives to provide resources and answers to her community members so they can achieve their missions & change the world. In her spare time she likes to travel, read, and spend time with friends & family. Her daily goal? Make at least one person smile or laugh!
Connect with Shannon on Twitter at @llamasayswhat.
Community Manager at Dynamite Circle, “The DC”
By day, Jessica Malnik, is the community manager at Dynamite Circle, “The DC” a private community for location independent entrepreneurs. By night, she writes on her own blog. Her writings have been featured in The Next Web, CMX, PR Daily, Convince and Convert to name a few.
Connect with Jessica on Twitter at @jessicamalnik.
- What’s the most interesting place you’ve been to in the last year?
- What’s been your favorite place to travel to, ever?
- How often do you travel?
- What type of luggage works best for you?
- How do you deal with jet lag?
- What’s the best way to get swag to your destination?
- What are some of your favorite travel essentials?
- How do you leverage travel rewards programs?
- What other tips do you have for traveling community pros?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: Travel Tips for Community Pros and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the panel. Just stay on the YouTube Live page and you’ll see the video. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, please let us know in advance. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.)
- Chat: You can chat and follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EDT to ask questions, we’ll be busy setting up and might miss them!
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout is back October 6th – retro style. - September 22, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Storify) - April 7, 2017
- #CMGRHangout presents: Remote Working for Community Professionals (Preview) - March 20, 2017