Community growth is not a passive activity but a proactive one. We all know it can be quite the challenge at times, but luckily we’ve all been there and can swap some notes on what’s worked best! This week will discus tactics that span from finding those already talking about you, to those silently researching you to how to engage them once you bring them in.
If you are looking for tips on community outreach, or have tips to share, be sure to join us for this week’s #CMGRHangout on Friday, April 4th at 2pm EST!
Jonathan Brewer, Sherrie Rohde and Sarah Mordis will be hosting the Hangout with Mandy Edwards, Jennifer G. Hanford, Krysta Gahagen and Neil Cauldwell as panelists. Carrie Keenan and Cedar Brown will be moderating the Twitter chat using #CMGRHangout.
Social Marketing Specialist at Sprout Social
Sarah is passionate about bridging online and offline communications. She is dedicated to providing value to others through knowledge, advice or job opportunities. Sarah appreciates the ever-changing landscape of social media and loves learning about new tools and platforms. She is a strong advocate of brands using social as a recruiting, sales and as an R&D tool, among other functions, and sees the incredible value of social business.
CEO at ME Marketing Services
Mandy is the owner of ME Marketing Services, a social media marketing company that provides consulting, management and coaching to businesses in the United States and Canada. A graduate of the University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business, Mandy has 12+ years of sales & marketing experience. Past work experience has included print advertising and local store marketing for Chick-fil-A and Bruster’s Ice Cream. Mandy is a founding board member of the online social media organization, the Social Solutions Collective.
Jennifer G. Hanford
Owner at J+ Media Solutions
Jenn is a self-proclaimed social media student and enthusiast. She enjoys writing and blogs regularly for Social Media Club, SteamFeed, and ME Marketing Services. In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her family, reading, baking and pinning on Pinterest.
Community Manager at Shyp
Krysta is the Community Manager at San Francisco based startup, Shyp, a company that makes it easy to send anything anywhere. She studied Communication Studies at UNC Chapel Hill and is passionate about community health and happiness. When she’s not at the office, Krysta is usually out enjoying the amazing foods and drinks San Francisco has to offer.
Founder/CEO and Chief Product Officer at Nurph
Neil directs the platform and community management at Nurph, the Twitter Chat Platform. A self-taught programmer and designer, Neil grew up participating in all kinds of online communities, and is passionate about creative mediums and community platforms.
- What are your best practices for finding potential members of your community or customers?
- How do you locate people that may do all of their research under the radar
- What’s the best way to approach someone without being too forward?
- How do you snag customers from your competition without tarnishing your reputation?
- How do you get people to become active, engaged members of your community?
- What do you do when engagement is slipping? How do you spice things up?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMGRHangout presents: So you want to grow a community? and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend! If you want to be on air, please let us know in advance by commenting on the event page. Let’s discuss ways you can attend:
- Watch: You do NOT need to join the hangout. Just stay on the Google+ Event and you’ll see the video on YouTube. (Don’t worry, it will be there and start playing as soon as the broadcast begins.)
- Talk and Be Seen: If you decide you want to talk, not just watch, click to join the hangout when we post the link here or when you see the notification. (We will only invite a few people for this event, so let us know why you would like to attend.) Do NOT click the link to join the hangout if you are just here to watch.
- Chat: You can watch here and/or follow the conversation on Twitter using #CMGRHangout.
Any questions? Just let us know in advance. Please don’t wait until 2pm EST to ask questions.
If you join us on the hangout, a wired internet connection is preferred and if you have a headset with mic or earbuds, that works best for the audio. You will also need a working webcam.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- #CMGRHangout presents: Building and Managing Communities on Slack (Preview) - February 20, 2017
- Forums are dead, long live forums. - February 15, 2017
- Top 10 #CMGRHangout Episodes in 2016 - January 31, 2017