Matt Janey: Program Evaluation Coordinator, communicating via G+ and other social media channels.
Steffen Slacki: From Germany, Steffen wants to become a community manager in the Gaming Industry.
Defining the Role of a Community Manager is Not Easy:
What we can do in the meantime: Contribute to defining what that role is through promotion and education of various community manager roles. Examples of sites we see doing a great job at educating and defining the role of community managers:
- The Community Manager: @TheCMgr
- The Community Roundtable: @TheCR
- #cmgrchat: Wednesday at 2:00 Eastern Time. Kelly Lux (@KellyLux) and Jenn Pedde (@JPedde) run this!
Other Popular Blogs for Community Managers:
Pinterest For Your Community: Is your community here?
- Brand Page: This is your starting point.
- Share Community Stuff: Articles, news releases, event pictures, etc.
- Company Blog Posts: Increase traffic to company site.
- Source Content: Take extra step and credit original author in your ‘description.’
- Have you heard of Gentlemint? It’s the male version of Pinterest…
Feel free to add anything we’ve missed in comments below. Please vote for next week’s discussion topic while you’re at it! Two suggested topics include: ‘Cross-posting’ and ‘Copyright and Blogging.’ Thank you!
Bonjour, notre entreprise fait du community management sur Pinterest. Voici le lien : http://pinteresting.fr/
Happy to just be "Tim" again, instead of My Community Manager on the hangout. Thanks everyone for joining! Great to have debng and andreabredow join us for the first time. And always great to see people return. Thanks for summarizing meganlarsen4
Thanks everyone for hanging...out... Anyways! Was a fun time. I really enjoy hearing the different aspects and opinions that come up every week.
[email protected]@debng Hi Annie, @mycmgr runs a G+ Hangout Every Friday at 1PM CST! Hope to see you there! Here is the link to MyCmgr on G+ if you need it: https://plus.google.com/u/0/100339881497512945462/posts
[email protected]'Hanging...out...' or 'Hangouter' - You were present in our chat room - and a contributor either way! :) Thank you Larry!
[email protected] keep coming back for more - adding insights to our weekly hangouts that would otherwise be absent :) You rock Maddie!
[email protected] Great to finally "meet" you after seeing you all over the web. :)