Deborah Ng: Director of Community at BlogWorld & New Media Expo; Author of ‘Online Community Management for Dummies.’ @debng
Andrea Bredow: Community Manager at HealthFitness in Minneapolis. @AndreaBredow
Larry Jennings: Implementation Specialist looking to become a community manager. @larboz
Maddie Ruud: Community Manager for HubPages.com; As of tomorrow, Maddie has been HubPages Community Manager for 4 years! Send her a quick ‘congrats.’ @MaddieRuud
Matt Janey: Program Evaluation Coordinator, communicating via G+ and other social media channels.
Steffen Slacki: From Germany, Steffen wants to become a community manager in the Gaming Industry.
Michael Hahn: Former Community Owner. @mbhahn
Tim McDonald: Founder of My Community Manager. @tamcdonald
Megan Larsen: Community Manager at My Community Manager. @meganlarsen4
Defining the Role of a Community Manager is Not Easy:
What we can do in the meantime: Contribute to defining what that role is through promotion and education of various community manager roles. Examples of sites we see doing a great job at educating and defining the role of community managers:
- The Community Manager: @TheCMgr
- The Community Roundtable: @TheCR
- #cmgrchat: Wednesday at 2:00 Eastern Time. Kelly Lux (@KellyLux) and Jenn Pedde (@JPedde) run this!
Other Popular Blogs for Community Managers:
Pinterest For Your Community: Is your community here?
- Brand Page: This is your starting point.
- Share Community Stuff: Articles, news releases, event pictures, etc.
- Company Blog Posts: Increase traffic to company site.
- Source Content: Take extra step and credit original author in your ‘description.’
- Have you heard of Gentlemint? It’s the male version of Pinterest…
Feel free to add anything we’ve missed in comments below. Please vote for next week’s discussion topic while you’re at it! Two suggested topics include: ‘Cross-posting’ and ‘Copyright and Blogging.’ Thank you!