Community Manager job postings are listed every day. There is no easy way to find them all. We go through dozens of job postings each week, eliminate posting boards, most recruiters and most non-paid internships (check out our community manager hangout about interns). We deliver you only the most promising and deserving community manager jobs available.
You can help if you find a job posting online. Please take 30 seconds and fill out this simple form or just email the link to: tim at mycmgr.com and I’ll fill it in for you. This is your way of sharing with those looking for their next community manager job!
Check out how I got my community manager job at Huffington Post. We often have some exciting community manager, social media and moderator positions available at the Huffington Post office in NY. Send me your resume if you are interested to tim at mycmgr.com or call me at 312-970-0846. Please reference which type of job you are interested in.
Rebtel – Nacka Strand, Stockholm
In this role, you will:
- Handle and develop our social channels globally, today our Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Google +, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr, MyNewsdesk
- Be our ambassador for the Rebtel brand and become best friends with our amazing users and get them engaged
- Plan and create content for all our social channels, optimize and spread it
- Develop and handle viral campaigns in our social channels
- Together with the team, set strategies and goals and make them come true
- Work with Competitor intelligence (find out what they are up to)
- Work with Social Media Analytics to keep track of our success
Online Community Manager
F+W Media – multiple locations
- Work with the Online Product Director and Editorial Directors to develop and manage a content strategy to extend the HOW/Print/HID brands across all media channels, focusing on audience needs, branding, usability & eCommerce integration.
- Be active and visible in the design community (especially on social media), and build partnerships with associations, vendors, media outlets and noted bloggers to increase brand visibility.
- Develop and manage a strategy across all brands that integrates content, eCommerce and DTC marketing (including events & competitions).
- Play a lead role in product development that serves the needs of graphic designers and complements our portfolio of online content.
- Play a lead role in external outreach and link building SEO efforts for all Design community brands.
- Focus on audience needs and usability throughout the online content creation process and ensure that all online content is optimized for SEO through collaboration and coaching with editors and direct modification/updating of existing site content.
- Work with Director of Online Product Development to analyze website traffic/navigation and modify site configuration and content to maximize eCommerce conversions and KPIs.
- Work with Director of Online Product Development and Editors to analyze interaction of subscribers with eNewsletter and modify templates and content to maximize open and click through rates & eCommerce conversions.
- Work with print editorial staff to identify components of magazine articles/books and databases that will complement our objectives online, and coordinate with the Director of Product Development on the optimum use of this content.
- Assist the Content Development Manager in new product development for online learning initiatives to ensure it complements our online objectives. Included but not limited to identifying industry trends, assisting with SEO, identifying speakers, instructors, etc.
- Work closely with audience development to create an online email acquisition strategy that will expand our customer database.
Public Relations and Community Marketing Manager
ShopWell – Palo Alto, CA
- Own all public relations and media related efforts. You will write the pitches, write press releases, and develop relationships with media that lead to coverage.
- Post updates and engage users on social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. You will be responsible for keeping our social media accounts active.
- Generate content for the blog from internal and external writers. You will write blogs, encourage other ShopWell team members to write blogs, and attract guest blogs from people outside of the company.
- Create, test, and implement email campaigns and mobile alert campaigns to drive user retention.
- Manage events, trade shows, and other in-person opportunities.
Online Content and Community Manager
CorpComms – London
Based in central London, the Online Content and Community Manager will direct digital activities for a key campaign by driving and managing the whole process around creating dialogue and engagement. The main responsibilities will be:
• Content deployment: Leading on the planning and coordination of integrated content deliverables
• External engagement: Driving online dialogue in social media to create engagement
• Internal engagement: Driving and managing the internal community with the aim of repurposing or leveraging elements externally as well.
You will need to deomonstrate knowledge of content strategy, have an understanding of the dynamics of social media and how to build dialogue through different social media and know how to create and maintain effective, successful online communities. You will also need to have project management experience, so as to connect multiple content sources to create content plans and execute on these. Clearly a strong communication background is necessary as you will be engaging employees in the debate by being able to write succinct copy.
Community Manager / Social Media Strategist
eMarketer, Inc. – New York, NY
- Develop a highly-engaging social media program for eMarketer that builds a thriving, active online community and ultimately drives more business for the company
- Craft a distinctive voice for the company online, understanding the nature of eMarketer clients, prospects, influencers, media and other brand advocates , which sites they frequent, and how to engage them
- Cultivate and improve eMarketer’s brand pages on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and other online platforms.
- Monitor social media functionality on eMarketer.com
- Evaluate, analyze and report on success of social media efforts
- Provide regular feedback to sales, marketing and content teams regarding client and prospect engagement
Community Manager – Digital
Edelman – Chicago, IL
Be the eyes, ears and mouth of the brand online – monitor all community engagement and conversation within social hubs/online destinations
Be a trusted liaison between the brand and constituents
Be a conversation driver by creating quality content on a daily basis that elicits community interaction
Track and monitor conversations online to glean actionable insights and deliver analysis reports
Help guide the strategic direction of the brand’s social engagement
Report on events prior to, at, and after the experience (stream video, post updates, post live pictures)
Research new media technology; Understand and apply advanced search knowledge for both visibility and investigative needs
Social Platform Community Manager
Draftfcb – Chicago, IL
- Considerable experience developing and executing multi-platform social media strategies, editorial calendars and tactical plans
- Experience creating and executing influencer outreach models
- In-depth understanding of community management, participation frameworks, and editing/publishing and creative best practices specific to the social media landscape
- Experience leading content strategy, creative development and production for use within an interactive setting
- In-depth understanding of interaction design and information architecture regarding content strategy
- Management experience leading a cross-functional team inclusive of account management, planning, creative, and interactive production
- Expert level attention to detail and strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Must develop useful, usable content including instructional text, error and confirmation messages, taxonomy and nomenclature
Entrepreneur Magazine – Irvine, CA
Each day, youll be at the helm of our social media dashboard monitoring discussions. You will drive our share-through activity across major platforms, identify trending topics and coordinate posts via a central calendar with our editorial, marketing and production teams.
Youll help grow our network of entrepreneurial enthusiasts, advocates for the brand and reader base by engaging in one-to-one dialog and helping answer questions and comments.
This position is also responsible in part for defining success metrics and longer-term goals associated with our social activity and will work with our analytics team to interpret and report on our progress.
Want to make sure you don’t miss these job postings?
Interested in sponsoring our weekly job postings? Contact Tim at 312-970-0846.
Photo credit: Alexandra Leisse