Community Manager job postings are listed every day. There is no easy way to find them all. We go through dozens of job postings each week, eliminate posting boards, most recruiters and most non-paid internships (check out our community manager hangout about interns). We deliver you only the most promising and deserving community manager jobs available.
For the holiday season, we have 13 new community manager jobs posted this week! We’ve got a great bunch of community manager jobs including Nike, Reebok, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Facebook plus many more!
Check out how I got my community manager job at Huffington Post. We often have some exciting community manager, social media and moderator positions available at the Huffington Post office in NY. Send me your resume if you are interested to tim at mycmgr.com or call me at 312-970-0846. Please reference which type of job you are interested in.
Social Media Community Manager
Amica – Lincoln, RI
Social Media Community Manager
Right Stuf– Grimes, IA
RESPONSIBILITIES – These create the engine that drives the success. It’s what you will do to push us forward each day:
You have been appointed our Ambassador to the Social Media world for Right Stuf!
Manage day-to-day Social Media presence on social networking sites and other similar community sites, post on relevant blogs, and seed content into social applications as needed
Manage and grow our Social Media channels focusing on engagement and community growth
Experience sourcing and managing content development
Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs and campaigns with the proven capability to analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
Regularly share feedback and insights gained from our Social Media community with the team in collaboration toward the continued evolution of our strategies quickly and effectively
Ability to create great, collaborative relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
Collaborate with experts in the company on topics fit for their input
Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications
Global Digital Community Manager Women’s
Nike – Beaverton, OR
As a Global Community Manager – Women’s, you will serve as the chief executive for a sport community and own the relationship with Nike+ consumers and sport consumers in the social space. You will be responsible for driving overall strategy, communication plan and team to build dynamic, high quality online communities, shepherd consumer engagement and build 1:1 relationships with consumers.
· Develop, own and execute community strategy for your category; contribute to Nike’s overall community strategy
· Manage master editorial calendar, drive the big ideas and concepts of engagement and set the overall tone and direction of the community
· Manage day to day relationship with social media agencies to develop copy and content
· Oversee all listen & respond activities within the Global Community and ensure activities are in line with strategy, adhere to brand voice and follow guidelines and best practices
· Ensure alignment with Digital Commerce, Digital Sport, Consumer Services, PR and Wholesale.com as it relates to the category to ensure a holistic consumer experience
· Host regular communication with Geographies and Territories teams to drive strategy, execution and adoption of plans
· Work closely with analytics team to track, monitor and analyze community performance
· Manage community budget
Western Europe Digital Community Manager
Nike – Amsterdam, Netherlands
Social Media and Community Manager
Nest – Palo Alto, CA
Social Media Responsibilities
- Shape and implement Nest’s social media strategy.
- Identify and create relevant content to share across Nest social media properties, including the Nest blog.
- Create and manage social media campaigns designed to attract new customers, coordinating with Marketing and PR as necessary.
- Manage day-to-day presence on social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, * Quora, YouTube and other relevant sites.
- Maintain high – and timely – response rate established by Nest, for both positive and negative mentions on social media.
- Establish effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns.
- Monitor and share trends in social media.
- Be the face of Nest in the community. Get to know the members – particularly MVPs – and be there to answer questions and foster passion for the brand. Help create a feeling that they are part of something special.
- Encourage the creation and sharing of interesting user-generated content.
- Seek out the best user-generated content to highlight for the larger community.
- Create content that you think will be helpful to the community – guidelines, announcements, etc.
- Monitor community for support questions and ensure they are answered in a timely fashion.
- Monitor community for people acting against the community guidelines – getting into flame wars, insulting each other, trolling – and work to either resolve these issues, or if necessary, close threads and ban members.
- Track analytics, measure what content is successful, report regularly on how we’re doing.
- Be the community’s advocate: suggest updates and changes that will benefit the community.
- Identify and train approved Nest employees to participate in the community.
Manager – Fitness Community Marketing
Reebok – Canton, MA
- Develop a strategic approach and of a global toolkit to sign on members to the Reebok Fitness Community (events, media, partnerships, direct marketing, etc.)
- Develop and steer markets to develop and implement marketing plans utilizing tools provided by Global
- Track success of implemented activation tools and redesign if necessary
- Work closely together with brand communications to align marketing plans and utilize same agencies whenever possible
- Help markets to identify 2nd-tier assets to act as “sign-on enablers” for the Reebok fitness community
Online Community Manager – Student Engagement
Wireless Generation – New York, NY
Amplify is a new business dedicated to reimagining K-12 education by creating digital products and services that empower teachers, students, and parents in new ways. We believe digital innovation will transform the classroom over the next few years, engaging and inspiring students.
We are building a tablet-based platform to facilitate personalized instruction and enable anywhere, anytime learning.
Amplify Education is looking for a passionate Student Engagement/Online Community Manager to join our growing team.Ideal candidates will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment. You’ll lead our efforts to promote engagement with students and teachers using the Amplify Tablet. The Student Engagement/Online Community Manager will also coordinate with the team that is providing online community services for other aspects of our new middle school curriculum.
Responsibilities of Online Community Manager – Student Engagement:
- Plan and lead implementation of non-virtual activities to promote engagement with the Amplify Tablet
- Guidance and management of community bulletin boards and other aspects of virtual communities associated with our games
- Collaborate with our research team to help track student engagement
Enterprise Community and Systems Manager
PWC – Richmond, VA
Social Media – Community Manager
iCrossing – New York, NY
- Play an active role in developing innovative social media marketing strategies, based on inputs from clients, social media monitoring tools, competitive analysis, and secondary research
- Work closely with client and internal teams to execute social media engagements for clients, including serving as a community manager for clients’ social spaces (e.g., Facebook pages, Twitter feeds)
- Maintain awareness of new social media marketing techniques being used by others, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop completely new techniques
- Track success of social media marketing programs
- Organize results and findings into presentations under the direction of senior team members
Social Collaboration Community Manager
Booz Allen – Reston, VA
Work in a community manager role for a large scale, interagency, social collaboration platform. Work in a multi-faceted role that includes seeding content, creating groups, engaging users, collecting metrics and success stories, and driving platform adoption. Support training and marketing events and use your experience and knowledge with online communities, leading social media collaboration tools and familiarity with the Intelligence Community in this role. Facilitate and start discussions, create blogs, respond to user questions. Capture new requirements and change requests and respond to user feedback while acting as the advocate of the communities, influencing overall site strategy. Assist training users on tool functionality in one-on-one and group settings. Monitor trends with online community activity and evaluate and recommend new collaboration technologies and tools, as necessary. This position is located in Reston, VA.
Posse – New York, NY
Ever wonder what it was like to work at Facebook when it was just 14 people? Imagine building a company loved by millions that transformed an industry.
Posse helps you find all the best places in the world within your social network. So the next time you’re in a new city or are even just hanging out in your own neighborhood, you’ll know exactly where to go for the best of everything. Posse encourages people to recommend awesome retailers though a game. Users get their own ‘street’ to fill with their favourite places from around the globe.
Posse launched in June 2012 and already is already used by more than 6000 people and 8000 stores in Sydney. We’re expanding into the US in 2013 and we’re seeking an awesome Community Manager to build and engage our fans across all social media, our blog and through the Posse site itself.
As Community Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Building our community on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest & Instagram
- Recruiting, managing & enthusing advisor communities in 8 target US cities
- Recruiting and managing blog contributors from around the US
- Writing user communication emails
- Responding to site feedback and user support queries 7 days a week and at odd hours if required
- Provide site feedback to the product team so we can improve the user’s experience
Threshold Interactive – Culver City, CA
- Post communication on behalf of Threshold’s clients on a variety of social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. This includes status updates and making comments to user’s feedback.
- Creation and management of social media messaging calendars.
- Create reports of user feedback and provide recommendations based on user inputs.
- Screen capture pertinent comments for tracking and client presentations.
- Escalate any potential issues and manage pages according to client’s code of conduct.
- Manage Customer Relations for various clients.
- Stay up-to-date and knowledgable on social and digital trends and communicate these to the agency and clients
- Assist in preparation of client-facing decks and research assignments.
- Develop regular reporting to clients- including pulling and analyzing social and website data.
- Conduct competitive research for Threshold clients in the social/digital space
- Support Digital/Social Strategist in all aspects of plan development, reporting, community management and analytics
- Make recommendations on messaging optimization and ways to improve social media metrics
- Maintain a working knowledge of emerging social media platforms
Facebook – Menlo Park, CA
The Developer Advocacy team is responsible for relations between Facebook and the world’s software developers. It does that by promoting standards and good development practices, by actively engaging – and hacking – with other developer communities, by raising awareness of the company’s developer-centric activities, and by guiding and educating those developers that use Facebook Platform. This is a highly technical team, dedicated to open and honest communication, world-class software, and strong community citizenship. You will interact with the most innovative engineers inside and outside of Facebook every day. You will write code samples, articles and tutorials for developers, highlighting Facebook Platform, a wide range of technology stacks, and many contemporary software techniques & trends – such as mobile and HTML5. You will represent Facebook in online open source communities and at developer conferences, events, hacks, and with the technical press and bloggers. And you will also advocate internally for the needs of the developer community, working with Facebook product and engineering teams to determine features and technology strategy. This role is full-time, and based in the company’s headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Working with online communities to nurture software projects built on top of Facebook Platform
- Presenting technical sessions at conferences, running workshops and hands-on hacks
- Liaising with Facebook product and engineering teams to communicate third-party feedback
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of a variety of open-source projects
Want to make sure you don’t miss these job postings?
Interested in sponsoring our weekly job postings? Contact Tim at 312-970-0846 or tim at mycmgr dot com
Have you ever seen a job requiring a minimun Klout score? We discussed it recently on our Community Manager Hangout “Who Owns The Community and Why Does Your Personal Influence Matter?”
Once you get your community manager job or if you already have one and want others to know about it, sign up to to become the Community Manager of the Day.
Photo credit: Alexandra Leisse