Community Manager job postings are listed every day. There is no easy way to find them all. We go through dozens of job postings each week, eliminate posting boards, most recruiters and most non-paid internships (check out our community manager hangout about interns). We deliver you only the most promising and deserving community manager jobs available.
We recently joined #TChat to discuss “The Care and Feeding of Social Communities” It was a great opportunity to see how HR and recruiting professionals view community management.
You can help if you find a job posting online. Please take 30 seconds and fill out this simple form or just email the link to: tim at mycmgr.com and I’ll fill it in for you. This is your way of sharing with those looking for their next community manager job!
Check out how I got my community manager job at Huffington Post. We often have some exciting community manager, social media and moderator positions available at the Huffington Post office in NY. Send me your resume if you are interested to tim at mycmgr.com or call me at 312-970-0846. Please reference which type of job you are interested in.
Community Manager – SketchBook
Autodesk – San Francisco, CA
Community Manager/Media Analyst
Cargill– Wayzata, MN
Wanted: Journalist ready to unleash their inner social-media maven. Are you a seasoned reporter or editor interested in working for a successful, stable company? Love social media not just to push news but to cultivate a following? This is a great opportunity for someone willing to work a beat outside the newsroom. You’d run a Twitter account devoted to a serious global topic, looking for news every day, sometimes reporting and writing, and making connections online. The job involves developing deep knowledge of your beat and also doing some projects on other topics. You probably have a hard news background, rather than coming from features. You are great on deadline. You are digitally savvy. You might be a business reporter, have experience as a news editor or work in the editorial department. Outstanding news judgment is a must. Being a bit of a data geek would help. International news experience or interest in food and agriculture issues would be a plus. Though positioned in a corporate communications department, you’d be on a team of other journalists and work for someone who was an editor for 20 years with Knight Ridder, McClatchy, Scripps, etc.
• Gather news and manage online conversations.
• Manage and create share-worthy content. Primarily reporting, writing and editing but could also include simple photography, photo editing, slide shows, audio or video.
• Work with the company’s media/social media monitoring system.
• Research and analyze media/social media.
• Assist with other social-media channels, back up the lead media analyst in monitoring media and social media, and other duties as needed.
Starbucks – Seattle, WA
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Work closely with strategic planner and internal stakeholders on social media strategy, editorial calendar development
• Own and proactively manage editorial calendar
• Posting to social channels: maintain a consistent voice across channels aligned with branding and target audience
• Monitor conversations across social media and address important mentions in real-time through engagement, escalation, or documentation
• Manage an editorial calendar with input from multiple stakeholders
• Spark discussion on social media channels
• Curate content from internal and external sources and share across appropriate social channels
• Discover trending topics, community needs, and interests of target audience across social media, adjusting content and messaging accordingly
• Generate insight into community performance and provide recommendations for improvement
• Create social media reports and aggregate data into actionable insights to inform marketing
• As needed work with Starbucks’ global offices to implement social media best practices
• Manage branded social media channels
Social Media Community Manager
Jetsetter – New York, NY
Social Media Community Manager (French)
Array – Greenbelt, MD
- Daily social media feed (like a newsletter of pre-made content with links and images to use on Twitter and Facebook pages distributed in French and English)
- Provide pre-made social media content – created in English, then translated into French per requests
- Researching and posting images and content to Twitter, Facebook which are all done in French
- Responding to fans and followers, interacting with audiences proactively in French
- Weekly reports of social media engagement metrics to management in English
- Conduct French interviews with prominent leaders for distribution on social media
- Coverage of local events about entrepreneurship for Facebook page, including video interviews in French with participants
Education Management Corporation – Pittsburgh, PA
Summary: Own the execution of strategy and scale of social media across three online brands. Develop social content and experience, monitor conversation, measure and report results, and assist in evaluating and recommending supportive technology. Engage prospective and current students. Provide leadership of execution of social initiatives with faculty and staff. Listen and react to student and faculty input and continue the development an organic, authentic & passionate community of influencers. Coordinate promotion of online and in-person events.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion – is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
1. Manage and coordinate the social content and experience across internal and external brand properties and communities. Work closely and align with cross-functional teams.
2. Support and drive events within social and community spaces. Reconcile multichannel conflicts and support holistic business needs. In collaboration with Web Producers and content team members, handle delivery of copy and media as well as ad hoc conversational responses, resolutions and updates.
3. Moderate comments, content and conversation contributed by students and staff.
4. Maintain and circulate publishing calendars and timelines for social content and functionality by brand. Plan strategy to support three brands, with attention to class start dates, student program and student life cycle timeline.
5. Partner with content creators within Web Strategies as well as other departments to provide unique voice of our brands.
6. Evaluate social media technologies and platforms, and recommend direction for investment and implementation. Stay on top of trends to keep commerce, cultural and community tools current and fresh.
7. Integrate social media efforts within store and web environments. Contribute to conversion and brand experience, seamlessly and authentically. Establish EDMC as an innovator. Drive internal awareness.
8. Inform corporate policy for social media community moderation and employee best practices
Social Medai Community Manager
ZICO Beverages – Los Angeles, CA
- Position OverviewThe ZICO Community Manager (ZCM) will play an influential role within the ZICO Marketing Team, helping to establish an online brand voice to the global ZICO brand. The ZCM is responsible for protecting and advancing the company’s reputation and supporting key business priorities through the development of proactive and reactive communications strategies. He/she is responsible for monitoring online media coverage results, engaging when appropriate and developing and maintaining media and third-party relationships. The ZICO Community Manager will coordinate with the internal Brand and Field Marketing, Communications and Public Relations teams to support their missions and ensure consistent messaging. The ZCM’s role will be to translate ZICO’s national strategic direction into online tactics that drive consumer trial, brand loyalty and ultimately profitable sales. The ZCM will report to the Senior Brand Manager.
The primary responsibilities for ZICO Community Manager include:
- Collaborate with communications, brand, and field marketing, to develop short- and long-term social media goals and a roadmap that aligns with the overall ZICO business objectives
- Source and manage relationships with select social monitoring and platform partners
- Establish key social media benchmarks and develop a formal reporting system to analyze data and ensure measurable results
- Provide thought leadership to Senior Management and regularly interact with management on matters concerning social media programs, trends and issues that can impact the brand
- Monitor, analyze and report on competitors’ social media strategies and executions
- Develop strategic social media strategy plans to implement, coordinating with key stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture.
- Oversee all aspects of the development of social media campaigns (ideation, creative and execution)
- Act as the frontline brand manager by interacting with fans in real time on various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Plus, Tumblr, YouTube and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
- Become an advocate and reputation manager of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate. Manage crisis situations both originating in social media or spilling into social media
- Manage social media campaigns and all day-to-day activities. Daily duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, executing online promotions, etc.
- Define social media strategy and execution for key ZICO marketing sponsorship properties
- Facilitate and develop a blogger outreach program, including identification and engagement with regionally focused targeted bloggers.
- Deploy best-in-class analytical techniques and processes to guide online marketing strategies and tactics that improve user experience, elevate ZICO campaign results measure ROI
Community Manager – Digital and Social Media
Weber Shandwick – New York, NY
Online Community Manager
Therapydia – San Francisco, CA
Therapydia is a health and wellness social media startup located in Mill Valley, CA.
We are in search of an enthusiastic Online Community Builder to lead the development of our wellness practitioner web content and manage our online marketing campaign, including SEM, social media advertising and display ads.
Desired Skills & Experience
Areas of Responsibility:
- Manually research internet sites for wellness content and data
- Manage our online marketing campaign, including Google AdWords, Facebook and display ads
- Pull content through RSS feeds and curate content for website
- Contribute to the strategy and execution of engaging and growing our user base
- Communicate and engage with Therapydia community super users
- Various projects assisting VP of Business Development and Online Community Manager
Social Media Community Manager
The Children’s Society – London
- Create and implement social media strategies, coordinating with multiple stakeholders across the organisation
- Deliver social media engagement with a thorough understanding of the The Children’s Society’s mission, policies and objectives
- Manage social media campaigns and day-today activities. Duties include publishing editorial content across platforms, online advocacy, blogger relations, etc
- Create content and conversations that are socially relevant and engage with the audience within the predefined brand tone of voice
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn and other community sites, and seeding content into social applications on a daily basis
- Develop social media listening strategy and create realistic KPIs and sector benchmarking
- Develop a social media monitoring and response protocol – including escalation, referral to senior management etc., at a speed that’s appropriate to the channel
- Develop and implement strategy for engaging with significant numbers of children and young people via social media, bearing in mind safeguarding concerns
Want to make sure you don’t miss these job postings?
Interested in sponsoring our weekly job postings? Contact Tim at 312-970-0846 or tim at mycmgr dot com
Have you ever seen a job requiring a minimun Klout score? We discussed it recently on our Community Manager Hangout “Who Owns The Community and Why Does Your Personal Influence Matter?”
Photo credit: Alexandra Leisse