Are you heading to SXSW Interactive this month? I shared a previous post from a Community Manager’s Outlook, including what I learned as a first-time attendee last year and gave suggestions for this year, specifically addressing what community managers should be looking for to make the most of their experience.
Now that the full schedule has been released, here are my suggestions for the general topic of community management. Depending on your industry, other sessions will also be relevant to you.
Friday, March 9
Saturday, March 10
- Can You Tweet That? Social Media and the Law
- Entertain or Fail: Brands as the New Publishers
- Influence: It’s in Your Genes
- Big Social Media Results at Small Organizations
- Hacking YouTube: Science & Secrets of Viral Videos
- Intellectual Property Issues in Social Media
- Real-Time Newsjacking & a Cold-Blooded Tweeter
- Investigating Social Mechanisms with Mobile Phones
- Viral is a Dirty Word: Strategic Video Success
- Rise of Analytics: Impacting the Editorial Process?
- The Visual Interface Is Now Your Brand
- The Dark Side of Social Networks: Malware & Fraud
- Enterprise Social Media: Five Emerging Trends
- How to Get Consumers Addicted to Your Content
Sunday, March 11
- Tech Detox: Can You Survive a Day Without Technology?
- The State of Social Marketing
- Are We Killing Social With Social?
- Social CRM Meetup
- Out of This World Engagement
- The Plugged-In Manager
- The Secret Path to Success In Online Video
- Social Media is a Bubble and SXSW is a Fad
- The B2B Social Media Book
Monday, March 12
- Social Media Comes of Age Without the Help of Porn
- Social Media in the Underground World of B2B
- Community Manager Meetup
- 5 Reasons You Should Stop Investing In Facebook
- Big Brands and You: Make the Love Connection
- What’s So [Bleeping] Hard About Social ROI?
- Community & Influence: How Not To Piss People Off
- Big Data + Social Graph
Tuesday, March 13
- Epic Battle: Creativity vs. Discipline in Social
- I may “like” you but I’m not in like with you
- IRL: Improving Communities With Social Media
- Confessions of a Community Moderator
- Social Media Boundaries: Personal/Personnel Policy
- Community-Centered Design: It’s Not About the User
- The Facebook Customer Service Challenge for Brands
- Getting the Most Out of Google+
- Your Social Media Job Is Dead. Now What?
- Taking Your Brand Back From Your Customers
I’m also thrilled to be hosting a Community Manager Meetup (#SXcmgr) on Monday, Mar. 12 at 11 a.m. at the Intercontinental Stephen P. Austin Hotel.
The sessions are set. Let me know if I missed any other good ones focused on community management. Now, what about the parties? Who knows of any community management-focused gatherings happening in Austin?