One of the most common questions we see at MyCMGR is…How can I find a community manager job?
This week’s Community Manager Hangout features Dave Cutler. Hear directly from Dave how he became a community manager of his personal brand to land a paying job as a community manager. Want to know who Dave Cutler is?
Hire Me site: http://HireDaveCutler.
Press Coverage (Boston Globe, Fox25 TV in Boston & NPR Radio): http://davecutler.me/
We will discuss how to be the community manager of your personal brand, including:
- Content creation
- Marriage of online & offline
- Injecting personality in your online presence, (Give people something to relate to. Never know what resonates).
- Leveraging the tools & resources available
- Find communities & create/nurture your own
- Be a resource, be helpful wherever possible. Every interaction is a potential gateway to something bigger
- Professional development (maximize benefit by documenting http://davecutler.me/, using as source for content, networking, etc.)
Dave also wrote a post a while back on job searching via social media (http://cutlerdave.com/2012/
01/10/job-searching-socially/) and also wrote a guest post last year on social media tools for job seekers for the now defunct OneForty.com (republished on his blog here: http://cutlerdave.com/ 2011/11/16/6-social-media-). tools-for-job-seekers/
If you are a job seeker looking for a social media community manager job, this hangout is for you. While we invite everyone to watch live and participate in our Twitter chat #cmgrhangout to ask questions, we are inviting those currently unemployed and looking for a job as a community manager to join us on the hangout. Be prepared with questions and don’t be camera shy. Just provide us with your name and email and we will invite you to the hangout (That means you have to be on Google+).
The information in this hangout will be applicable to anyone looking for a job and wanting to learn how to incorporate social media, so please invite everyone to watch and join in #cmgrhangout.
Have a topic you’d like discussed on a future community manager hangout? Leave us suggestions in the comments below.