My Community Manager is looking to mentor its first community manager! Are you a student or recent grad wanting to gain valuable experience to put in your portfolio? Are you looking to change careers and want to show you are capable of doing the job to a future employer? My Community Manager is growing and wants to mentor you while providing actual experience that will prepare you to become an experienced community manager.
Ready to see if you got what it takes to become our first community manager?
This will be our first draft (which you will help change over time) of a job description for our community manager. Selected candidate should be able to start immediately.
Anywhere (It would be nice if you could be in Chicago for a day or two to start and then again on rare occasions)
- Communicator (mostly written, with some verbal)
- Writer (ie Content Creator for short blog posts, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter updates)
- Knowledgeable about Social Networks
- Willingness to learn
- Positive Attitude
- Monitor, engage and create content on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google + and the blog.
- Grow community by identify influencers and being a resource
- Provide weekly updates on statistics and analytics
- Edit and format blog posts on WordPress
- Assist in developing marketing strategy
- Event planning and promotion
What You Get:
- Guidance and mentorship
- Networking with other community managers
- Experience and case studies you can use for your portfolio
- WordPress experience
- 30 minutes/week of one on one consultation
- Blogger relationships
What’s Expected of You:
- Time (10-12 hours/week)
How to Apply:
Forget the resume (although you can include it if you want). Show us you walk the walk. Blow us away. Only catch? You must submit it to us in one tweet (140 characters or less) to @myCMGR What you do with that 140 is what will show us you are the right person. We don’t care how many followers you have or if you just signed up today, but you must submit via Twitter. Submitting deadline is November 4.